Plant and Environmental Sciences Bldg.
One Shields Ave
Davis, CA 95616
Mark received his masters in International Development and his doctorate in agronomy at UC Davis. He began working for UC Cooperative Extension as an Area Agronomy Advisor in the Sacramento Valley in 2013. On October 1, 2015 he began as Assistant CE Specialist in Grain Cropping Systems at UC Davis. His research and extension efforts attempt to: 1) leverage existing knowledge and emerging technology to solve practical problems; 2) produce outcomes that inform both production and environmental concerns; and 3) communicate these outcomes in farmer-accessible formats as well as to the broader scientific community.
SpecialtyGrain Cropping Systems
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Field Crops - General
- Forage Crops - General
- Plants and Their Systems
- Plant Management Systems
- Integrated Pest Management Systems
- Conservation and Efficient Use of Water
- Watershed Protection and Management
- Soil, Plant, Water, Nutrient Relationships
- Weather and Climate
- Pollution Prevention and Mitigation
- Engineering Systems and Equipment
- Waste Disposal, Recycling, and Reuse
- Instrumentation and Control Systems
- Geographic Information Systems
- Nutrients and Water in Agricultural Landscapes
- Water Quality, Quantity, and Security
- Sustainable Food Systems
- Lundy, M. E.; Parrella, M.P. (2015). "Crickets Are Not a Free Lunch: Protein Capture from Scalable Organic Side-Streams via High-Density Populations of Acheta domesticus." PLOS ONE
- Lundy, M.E.; Pittelkow, C.M. (2015). "Nitrogen fertilization reduces yield declines following no-till adoption." Field Crops Research 183: 204-210.
- Pittelkow, C.M.; Linquist, B.A. (2015). "When does no-till yield more? A global meta-analysis." Field Crops Research 183: 156-168.
- Pittelkow, C. M.; Liang, X. Q. (2014). "Productivity limits and potentials of the principles of conservation agriculture." Nature
- Lundy, M. E.; Hill, J. E. (2014). "Site-specific, real-time temperatures improve the accuracy of weed emergence predictions in direct-seeded rice systems." Agricultural Systems 123: 12-21.
- Liang, X. Q.; Li, L. (2013). "Dissolved phosphorus losses by lateral seepage from swine manure amendments for organic rice production." Soil Science Society of America Journal 77: 765-773.
- Lundy, M. E.; Spencer, D.F. (2012). "Managing phosphorus fertilizer to reduce algae, maintain water quality, and sustain yields in water-seeded rice." Field Crops Research 131: 81-87.
- Lundy, M. E.; Fischer, A.J. (2010). "Surface applied calcium phosphate stimulates weed growth in flooded rice." Weed Technology 24: 295-302.
- Lundy, M. E.; Wright, S. D. (2014). Calibrating In-Field Diagnostic Tools for Improved Nitrogen Management in Spring Wheat. ASA, CSSA and SSSA International Annual Meeting.
ANR Workgroup Associations
- Alfalfa and Forage Systems - Member
- Dairy Quality Assurance - Member
- Vegetable Crops - Member
- Weed - Member